Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Meet LaShawn Barber

"The Blogosphere. The final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Old School. Its continuing mission, to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new, lively discussions, and new intepretations of civilization, to boldly go where no man has gone before."

I made a great discovery while researching the notion of "black-on-black crime," the blogger LaShawn Barber. Her blog is getting strong reviews, and she is a credible, thoughtful voice on national affairs. I share with her some non-conventional views about race relations, politics, culture, faith, etc. Some of her views are outrageous, and for me, disagreeable.

"I want to share my faith and my opinions and encourage others to be bold in everything they do," she writes. Her boldness is unsettling, enraging... in other words, perfect for the wild frontier of the blogosphere. I'm adding her to my recommended blog list, and I hope you'll visit her often.

LaShawn Barber

No comments: