Monday, December 4, 2006

Beware the dormant blog - 'tis utter death

The notion of publishing one's own thoughts for the world to see was once the domain of magnates, barons of industry, captains of communication. You know, Charles Foster Kane types. Thanks to the blogosphere, however, any old schmo can spout off at the keyboard, with nary a brain cell engaged.

But all is lost if you don't keep that blog poppin'! Let two weeks pass (like I just did), and you have to start all over, getting people to visit, and hopefully, tell their friends about what they read.

Since I'm still in beta-mode, I'll survive, I think. And this posting will be several items down in the chain before I really crank up the publicity. I'm warning you, though. Don't start one of these blog things if you're not ready to toss and turn all night, sweating out the missed day, or missed issue.

Cheers!

(By the way, I'm seriously stuck on a technical coding matter. How can I effectively post a "teaser" paragraph, then give you, the reader, a way to read more, if you so desire? I'm writing longer form articles that will generate some good discussion, but I can't post them until I get this beta-blogger system figured out. So far, all the chatter on the forums has been fruitless.
Signed, Code Challenged in Colorado)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Steve,
I will post your question to the Rocky Mountain Alliance of bloggers and see if I get a hit. A couple of them are pretty well versed in HTML.